Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Seeking Security in God's Word in the Midst of Busyness


This week (more accurately, this month) has been so exhausting. Between getting sick with food poisoning from Chipotle (yuck, I know!!), writing papers for classes, working at the campus library, completing classroom observation hours, spending time with my fiancĂ©, and various other activities, it's been hard to take a moment to just breathe. The topic of seeking security and finding solace in God (and His Word) is probably as clichĂ©d of a blog topic as possible. We speak about it so often but never truly practice finding time to read the Scripture. I can't offer a simple solution to this and I don't believe anyone can, except Christ Himself.

As I take this time to pause and write this blog, I find myself turning to Scripture. When we experience so much turbulence in daily life, we often lose sight of stability. We find counterfeits for it in relationships, activities, and media. It's busy times like this when I realize that it's only God and His Word that never changes. Even though many of our relationships (whether they be friendships or romantic relationships) may reflect some of God's traits, we will never find complete satisfaction in them. Only God can provide that. Below I've listed (and written out, for your convenience) several verses that help me pause and reflect on the greatness, stability, and holiness of God.

  • Deuteronomy 32:4 (ESV) - "The Rock, his work is perfect, for all his ways are justice. A God of faithfulness and without iniquity, just and upright is He."
  • Isaiah 41:10 (ESV) - "Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."
  • Joshua 1:9 (ESV) - "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go."
  • Psalm 118:6-7 (ESV) - "The Lord is on my side; I will not fear. What can man do to me? The Lord is on my side as my helper; I shall look in triumph on those who hate me."
Think. Breathe. 

Love,

Jennifer xo



No comments:

Post a Comment